KOAR-NE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rulers of the North East Territory

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Organizational Suggestions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Organizational Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Organizational Suggestions   Organizational Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:10 am

I realize im the new guy here but from what Ive seen so far, the alliance needs to get organized. I may not have been playing as long as some of you, but in the time I have played Ive seen and learned a good bit. Im also former military so I do have some experience with combat tactics and things of that nature. Heres a few things I would suggest. Feel free to make comments/suggestions, like I said Im not the most experienced player here so theres probably alot Im missing or may be wrong about.

A football team has an Offensive and Defensive Line, the alliance should be the same. Trying to get everyone to focus on both is just going to complicate things and slow down growth. Plus each tribe has its own benefits. Guals are excellent defensively but unless you know what your doing they arent that great offensively. Tuetons are the best offensive tribe in the game and their defense is poor. Romans are the "Jack of All Trades" they are balanced and capable of either role. I suggest taking the alliance and splitting it up into offensive and defensive players. As a tueton its a waste of resources for me to be building alot of defensive troops to defend someone else, my resources are better spent on expanding my offensive force. Where as a gual can produce much better defensive troops alot faster. Im not saying that all guals should be defensive players or that all tuetons should be only offensive players. Offensive and Defensice Leaders need to talk to everyone and find out who wants to play what role and who is best suited for each role.

The Offensive team needs to focus on offensive units, but should have enough defensive troops to defend their own village. The Offensive Leader needs to keep tabs of who has what kind of troops and how many, watch attacks made on the alliance members and organize offensive strikes on people who attack the alliance. Offensive players can also send resources to the defensive players to help offset for the lack of raiding. The game rule says you cant send more then 1hrs production to another player except for crop to sustain reinforcements. Theres a simple way around this, use the marketplace. The rule doesnt apply to marketplace transactions, they dont have to be 1 for 1. You can set an offer for alliance members only, put up an offer looking for 100 crop in exchange for 1000 wood and only alliance members will be able to see it. Only thing about this is it requires alot of honesty and moderation to be fair. No one person should hog all the resources. For that matter you could set 1 person as kind of a treasurer to organize things and just have everyone check with him before taking one of the offers that are clearly setup for the defensive team.

The Defensive team should first make a small offensive force(25-50) just so they can do atleast a little raiding for resources, then focus on mainly defensive troops. The Defensive leader, just like the offensive, should keep track of who has what troops and how many, and organize joint defensive actions. I would recommend that instead of requesting on the forums, players who want to ask for defensive help, should send an ingame mail to the Defensive Leader and instead of mass mails to the whole alliance just send messages to the players who will be needed to send troops. Theres less of a chance for spies to get the information that way. The Defensive leader can also be the person to moderate the marketplace transations I explained a little bit ago.

Wether Offensive or Defensive any actions done as an alliance need to be more organized, just sending a mass mail for everyone to send troops for the next 72hrs isnt going to cut it, things need to be organized so that troops arrive together. Everyone has already been instructed to set their game clocks to the same time, so it shouldnt be too hard for everyone to calculate the time it takes for their troops to travel to a given point and have them get there in a certian window. For example instead of "Send troops to Amy's capital for the next 72 hrs" say "Send troops to Amy's capital, Arrival window between 01:00 and 01:30 pm 08/11. Send crops to cover 72 hrs". The trick to this is you have to take into account everyones travel time and set a realistic arrival window. I know not everyone can be on all the time, thats where sitters come into play.

Everyone should have sitters, and your sitters should have a clear idea of what you want done with your village and troops. When you setup your sitter, let them know what to work on, if troops are requested make sure your sitter knows how many of what troops you want sent. Otherwise you may login to find your resources capped out or gone and all your troops sitting someones village as reinforcements. A little tip for sitters who havent gotten instructions and see resources close to capping, Ive found that nobody ever complains if you increase their warehouse or granary to keep resources from capping.

Heres another little trick Ive learned that some of you may not have known. If you place an offer on the marketplace it takes that from your inventory. Its not safe from raids, but it no longer counts against your warehouse/granary space, so if you put like 3k clay up in exchange for like 6k lumber, unless someone is stupid that offer wont go anywhere and it frees up 3k worth of room. Then when the player logs on and spends resources or expands their warehouse, they can cancel the offer and get it back instantly. For example, if you have 1200/1200 crop, put 600 crop on the market place, you will only show as 600/1200 crop and can keep producint till you get to 1200/1200 again, if you then build up your granary to hold 1800, you can cancel the offer and be at 1800/1800.

Back to top Go down
luigi1

PostSubject: Re: Organizational Suggestions   Organizational Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:03 pm

I noticed the market trick as well. Also some of us don't have that much military. I'll be happy to play defense or offense. I'm probably a better defense beacuse on com5 my resouces allowed more prats than any other units. So I'll be playing defense I guess. Also some of us are inexperienced but any player can exceed another with proper training, you just start out behind unless you read info and stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Organizational Suggestions   Organizational Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:57 am

It doesnt take a lot of troops, I started raiding with the 2 troops you make doing the innitial military branch quests. Now I have 100 clubswingers, 10 spearman, 10 scouts, 10 paladins, and 25 Cata's, I have Axemen researched but I dont have any right now. Ive also lost atleast 60 clubbies, 20 pallys, 15 spearman and 5 cata's that I can remember just off the top of my head. My clubs have level 1 armor and level 3 weapons, Pallys have level 1 weapons, and Cata's have Level 1 armor and weapon. Ive got my rally point to level 10 so I can target any building but crannies, and my residence is at level 7 so by wednesday I should be ready to settle my 2nd village. Now there are people who have done alot better then me, but considering Ive been only been playing for bout 1.5 months total, this only being my 2nd attempt at playing a Tueton, I think thats pretty good.

When I started on this server, there were 4 empty lots in my 7x7, now theres only 2 villages besides mine. 1 of them is only still there because she politely asked me to stop raiding her because its her first time playing, and the other im sure will be gone soon cause his pop hasnt budged in over a week. When I sent my first 2 troops out I still had 30 hrs of beginners protection left, I raided the people touching borders with my village over and over, then trained 3 more, and kept raiding, then I trained 5 more and started raiding 2 people at a time with 5 troops each. Kept on like that, building troops 5 at a time and sending them out in groups of 5, until I got up to 60. I was farming 12 people at the same time. I didnt get alot of resources at a time but it added up, and by using 5 troops at a time I didnt bleed anyone dry so every raid, my troops brought back as much as they could carry. After 2 days of having 60 troops I started training 5 at a time again and started adding them to my 12 raid groups so I had 1 10man group and 11 5mans, then 2 10s, all the way up till i had 120 clubbies going out in groups of 10. Im still farming everyone with groups of 10 mostly, and Ive expanded to farming everyone withing 9 squares of my village in any direction. when I hit a new farm I send a larger force of about 40 troops the first time, the 2nd i back down to 20 and if they didnt rebuild a bunch of troops I then add them to my 10 man raid rotation. If a raid comes back missing troops or dont come back I send a larger force the next time again. Once I got Paladins I started using them to raid my 2 farthest farms.

Like luigi1 said there is alot of FAQs and Guides around, that are very worth looking over. They helped me alot. Sorry bout the long posts, its like a car rolling down a hill, once I start typing its kinda hard to stop.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Thrandil1

PostSubject: Re: Organizational Suggestions   Organizational Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 7:16 am

You definately got a good point here JimmyPop, and I also speak from military experience.
One point I'd like to add is to have 2 or 3 defense coördinators who can work in shifts so we can cover all time zones.
Back to top Go down
luigi1

PostSubject: Re: Organizational Suggestions   Organizational Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 10:23 am

I'll cover 8:00 A.M.-10A.M. america: New York time zone. I'll try but might be on later. On weekends I'll be later because I like to sleep in. =D I have a sitter who I can tell to help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Organizational Suggestions   Organizational Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Organizational Suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KOAR-NE :: Alliance Council :: Council Chat-
Jump to: